Monday, March 26, 2012

Unit 8

I really enjoyed all of the exercises and feel as though with time and patience they could all be very beneficial. I really enjoyed sitting quietly listening to the speaker, the background sounds (waves and flutes) and trying to visualize the colors from each body part, as well as seeing the wise person, allowing their wisdom to become our own. I think the two I will implement for my regular mental fitness will be practicing loving kindness, even when I am frustrated in my daily life I am going to put kindness and love in my heart for others, also I would like to practice meditation daily. I have been working on my meditation, mostly in the car on my commute to work as well as the drive home. I turn off the radio and hear only background sound, clear my thoughts and just drive. I feel as though clearing my mind is becoming easier it keeps me focused on things I can control at the moment allowing the worry and stress to melt away.

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    I feel the same way as you that with the practice and the patients that these exercises would be very beneficial. I wish I was able to get all of these exercises right away, but since most of these exercise were very difficult for me to grasp, the only two I was able to get down pretty fast was the loving-kindness, and meditation. Both are very helpful so I will keep practicing on the rest.
    Arline T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a good point learning the different exercises is going to take some time, but isn't it the journey that we learn, time for growth? meditation is a good one to have a grasp on. I try to get my co-workers to try this exercise, but they are anti-self benefiting practices. Keep practicing before you know it you will these exercise will become effortless.
      Kevin W.

      Delete